Our experienced dentist and caring team understand the importance of preserving your natural smile. We are proud to offer advanced root canal therapy, a procedure designed to save and restore damaged or infected teeth, allowing you to maintain both your oral health and the beauty of your smile. Root canal therapy is a specialized treatment that can alleviate pain and prevent the need for tooth extraction.
When is Root Canal Therapy Needed?
Root canal therapy becomes necessary when the pulp, the innermost part of your tooth containing nerves and blood vessels, becomes infected or inflamed due to deep decay, trauma or other issues. The procedure involves removing the infected pulp, cleaning and disinfecting the interior of the tooth, and then sealing it to prevent further infection.
Signs you may need a root canal include:
- Persistent Toothache: Severe and persistent tooth pain, especially when chewing or applying pressure, can indicate an infected tooth.
- Sensitivity to Temperature: Sensitivity to hot or cold substances, even after the stimuli are removed, might be a sign of pulp inflammation.
- Gum Abscess: Swelling, tenderness or a pimple-like bump on the gums can indicate a dental abscess, which may require root canal therapy.
The Root Canal Procedure
During your initial consultation, dentist will assess your dental health and discuss the need for root canal therapy. If the procedure is recommended, a local anesthetic will be used to ensure your comfort. The infected pulp will be removed, the interior of the tooth will be thoroughly cleaned and a biocompatible material will be placed to seal the tooth. In some cases, a crown may be placed to restore the tooth’s strength and appearance.
Benefits of Root Canal Therapy
- Pain Relief: Root canal therapy alleviates the severe pain associated with infected or inflamed tooth pulp.
- Preservation of Natural Teeth: The procedure helps you keep your natural teeth intact, avoiding the need for extraction.
- Functional Restoration: With a crown, your tooth’s functionality and appearance are restored, allowing you to chew and smile with confidence.
- Long-lasting Solution: Properly treated and maintained teeth can last a lifetime, maintaining your oral health for years to come.
Aftercare and Recovery
Following root canal therapy, consider the following steps for a successful recovery:
- Maintain Oral Hygiene: Brush and floss regularly to keep the treated tooth and surrounding area clean.
- Follow Post-Procedure Instructions: Adhere to any guidelines provided by our dentist for the best recovery outcomes.
- Schedule Follow-up Visits: Regular check-ups will ensure the treated tooth is healing well and any necessary adjustments are made.
If you are experiencing tooth pain or suspect an infection, contact M Dental Aliana at 832-612-2829 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Anisa Maredia. Our dedicated team is here to provide you with effective and compassionate root canal therapy in Aliana, Texas. Say goodbye to pain and hello to a healthier smile!